Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekly Question #10: Little Girl


This week's Weekly question, Teacher Julie wants to know our thoughts about this photo. What can you we about this?


When I saw this photo, the first thing that came to my mind was "Is this in Manila?" You want to know why? Because, every time I'm in Manila, I see these little girls roaming around wearing an undershirt and an underwear. I hope their parents know what are the risks of leaving their children unattended. There are so many bad guys around us.

I heard there are groups or gangs that stole kids like her and make the children their workers. They force the children to roam in the streets and beg for money, then the children are forced to hand over their daily earnings.

If I have a child. I will never leave my child alone or unattended. I remember a real story of a 4-year-old British girl stolen from her hotel room. Her parents left her with her 2-year-old twin siblings asleep in their hotel room while her parents dined at a poolside restaurant just seconds away. I think it happened last year, but until now the parents have no clue where she is.

If I am the mother of that kid, I would not have left her unattended. It would not have mattered where I was. Same with the kid on the picture (above). Her parents should take care of her child. Parents should protect their children from harm anywhere and anytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment