Friday, July 4, 2008

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T300

On my previous post, I mentioned I want to have my own camera.

Finding the right camera is not easy, especially when there are so many cameras to choose from. My sister recommends Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T300. So I decided to check it out.

Specification:
  • 10.1 Mega Pixels with Super HAD CCD
  • Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar with 5x Optical Zoom
  • 3.5" 16:9 Wide and Touch LCD Screen
  • Smile Shutter
  • Intelligent Scene Recognition
  • Bionz Image Processing Engine
  • Super SteadyShot
  • High ISO3200 Sensitivity with Clear RAW Noise Reduction
DSC-T300 is the latest in its line of touch-controlled slim digital cameras.

Smile Shutter: Sony's revolutionary Smile Shutter Feature is designed to automatically snap only when the person is smiling. Simply select Smile Shutter from the scene selection mode and you are ready to shoot picture-prefect smiles.

Also, this camera can differentiate between the faces of children and adults. Simply select “child priority” or “adult priority,” and the camera will automatically detect up to eight faces in the camera frame, adjusting focus, exposure, white balance and flash for the subjects that matter most.

But if you are into details, DSC T300 has a problem with picture quality. Photos generally look soft and noisy, with haloing along edges. Picture quality does not quite match up to the very best.

LOVE: Fast performance; tons of handy image editing and playback features; smile shutter feature; 3.5-inch touch screen Clear Photo LCD PlusTM LCD screen for easy navigation and framing

HATE: Soft, noisy photos

The bottom line: If your main consideration is design, as long as the camera can still take a decent snap, then the DSC T300 is well worth considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment