Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Sassy Girl


Since it is Labor Day in the United States and there are no tasks for us, I decided to watch the movie My Sassy Girl (American Remake).

My Sassy Girl is a South Korean romantic comedy film in 2001. The story is about a boy met a drunk girl on the train that changes his entire life. I heard that it is based on a true story of a man who initially posted a series of love letters on the internet.

Anyway, the American remake is very similar to its Korean counterpart. They have the same storyline but the American remake adapts the US culture. However, I like the Korean version more. There are many shortcuts on the US version. The movie feels a little rushed and it's missing some more thoughtful points. Unlike the original film, the pace is slower to really build its emotions, to let us know the characters better.

So, if you enjoy the American remake, you will definitely love the Korean version. I totally cried my heart out on the Korean version than the US version. The US version did not bring much drama on it.

Let me share to you two of my favorite clips in the Korean version.





Nothing beats the original version....

aEiRiN

5 comments:

  1. Ay nako sis! I loved the Korean Version! I know hindi makuha sa America yung Korean charm that made the movie very unique and cute talaga! hmmm We saw it in 2002 pa...i even coaxed my hubby (then bf) to watch it with me! hehehehe hindi sya nag enjoy pero he kept me companY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hus the best? korean or the remake? ill add your link to my list if its ok with you? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this series yet but I might try to find one. I love korean version of love story. Meron nga ako d2 yung Lover's in Paris, Green Rose and my all time fave - Meteor Garden.

    Cheers!
    Outback-Pinay
    Cheeky-Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay sis, cried tons also for the korean version. although i cant watch it over and over again kasi i had it in a 32 in 1 disc so i didnt take good care of it nasira na. i hope to buy it na isang disc lang talaga sya.

    btw, got sth for u in my blog.

    happy tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ay nako Len! I cried, too! tear jerker talaga ito!

    ReplyDelete