Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Ateneo Blue Eagles wins UAAP championship

With my hubby, I took some break from my online tasks and watched the finals of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP). And you read it right, Ateneo have defeated the De La Salle Green Archers and won the UAAP season 71 Finals with the score of 62-51.

Quoted from GMANews.tv:
The Eagles looked to breeze through Game Two after taking a 41-26 halftime lead but La Salle, behind the hot sniping of fifth-year guard JV Casio, made it 50-47 after the third quarter.

But Ateneo's defense, the most vaunted in the tournament, helped the Eagles survive their determined opponents and dethrone the defending champions.
I'm neither from Ateneo or La Salle, but I studied at Miriam College, neigboring school of Ateneo. So, I cheered for Ateneo. I'm really happy for Ateneo. It was Ateneo's fourth UAAP championship and second in the decade after winning in 2002.

aEiRiN

No comments:

Post a Comment