Monday, June 9, 2008

Rudy Fernandez Dies at 55!

I am not a fan of Rudy Fernandez, but this came to me as a shocking news - Rudy Fernandez died already.

Rudy Fernancdez or Daboy, one of the Philippines’ finest action stars, appeared in films such as Markang Bungo and Victor Corpus. He is the husband of actress Lorna Tolentino, with whom he has two chldren. He is also the father of actor Mark Anthony Fernandez, with former partner actress Alma Moreno.

Rudy Fernandez died at 6:15 Saturday morning at his home in Joeylane Street in White Plains in Quezon City due to a lingering illness. Well, we all know that Rudy Fernandez has been battling peri-ampullary cancer for a long time. (Cancer is such a traitor.) He finally succumbed to the disease. May he rest in peace. His fight against cancer was well followed by the people because he was an inspiration to other cancer patients. The media was also with him reporting the medications he took and the progress he had.

I just heard the news from my cousin. News about death really saddens me. My condolences to the bereaved family of Daboy.




Fast? Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment