Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Unfortunate Day

Yesterday, a friend of mine (from Melbourne, Florida) said that there will be a typhoon in Manila. I just said, "How did you know?" I did not believe her at first, because I was in my office and I did not know what was happening outside. Until, my husband called me saying that there's a typhoon and that we should buy some food.

Around 6 am, I was out of the office already. Though I was aware of the typhoon, I ended up doing my normal activities for the day (that is blogging).

At 7 p.m., it was a bit rainy and cold, I slept because I was very tired. I was awake for more than 24 hours. In my mind I said, "yes, I can sleep well today."

I woke up 3 in the morning, thinking that my husband is still asleep (so I will be the first one to use our PC). But to my surprise, my husband was awake. He said. "brown out". We don't have electricity. huhuhu... And he said, "look to your left (our window)" I said, "OMG (oh my God)." It was raining hard. So, I had no choice, I sleep again.

7 am, I woke up because I was hungry. Waaaaaah! We don't have food in the fridge. I tried our cabinets, and unfortunately, no food. We forgot to buy some food.

Grocery is 30 to 45 minutes away. With the typhoon, flood is expected in our area... Good thing I have some oatmeal left, I guess we will eat that for the day....




No comments:

Post a Comment